Thursday, November 10, 2011

Theme Day Thursday - Birthday Party

It's theme day thursday at Erica's Craft Room.  This week's theme is Birthday Party!  This is the perfect time for me to show the birthday decorations I made for my daughter's 5th birthday!  She decided on a Pinkalicious theme for her party, in honor of her favorite book!!  So it was very easy to come up with ideas.  Pinkalicious is all about the color pink and cupcakes!!!  I decided to use the Princess Party event cartridge to make most of these decorations.

I started off making a Birthday Banner!  I used the Castle from the Princess Party cartridge as the base for my banner.  I cut this at 9 inches.  I then cut out a heart from this cartridge as well at 12 inches to go on top of the banner.  The letters were cut from  Birthday Bash  at  2.65 inches.  At the ends of the banner I cut out a pink cupcake from Sweet Treats, and a crown from Princess Party.

I also cut out crown cupcake holders (again in pink! It is a pinkalicious party after all!) from Princess Party.  I found that cutting them at 4inches fit the standard cupcake holders perfectly.


Part of the birthday party was letting the girls decorate their own crowns and wands!  This Princess Party cartridge is amazing for giving you ideas for a whole party, from inivitations to decorations to craft projects, etc.  I love it! The girls all loved being able to decorate crowns and wands.  Give little girls glitter, glue, and some bling and they will be in heaven!  I cut the crowns out at 7inches and the wands at 9 inches. 




I hope you enjoyed a peak at my daughter's fun crafty Pink birthday party! She and all her friends had a blast!  Next year she's thinking Barbie so maybe Provo Craft will come out with a Barbie cartridge by then!!!  Don't forget to check out Erica's Craft Room for all the fun Birthday posts today!
Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment